19 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature at Breaking The Spine which allows you to spotlight upcoming releases that you're really keen for!!


Author: Leah Bobet
Release Date: April 1st 2012
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
Add it: Goodreads

Matthew has loved Ariel from the moment he found her in the tunnels, her bee's wings falling away. They live in Safe, an underground refuge for those fleeing the city Above--like Whisper, who speaks to ghosts, and Jack Flash, who can shoot lightning from his fingers.
But one terrifying night, an old enemy invades Safe with an army of shadows, and only Matthew, Ariel, and a few friends escape Above. As Matthew unravels the mystery of Safe's history and the shadows' attack, he realizes he must find a way to remake his home--not just for himself, but for Ariel, who needs him more than ever before.
 
Why I'm Waiting:  First of all, the main character's name is Ariel. The Little Mermaid is one of my favourite Disney movies ever. And I love Disney... The cover is one of the best I've ever seen and the premise is fascinating. I also love the fact that the synopsis isn't hiding the fact that there will be an emphasis on romance and that Ariel may not be the strongest heroine. It's nice to be told the truth sometimes, you know??


Author: Brodi Ashton
Release Date: January 3rd 2012
Publisher: Harper Collins
Add it: Goodreads 

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists. Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen. As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

Why I’m Waiting: This sounds crazy insane. I really really hope we find out why it was Nikki chosen in the first place. I can't wait for this, it sounds fascinating and really different... Ohhh, come on 2012! I know we're all going to apparently die, but there are SO many good books, and that's so much more important...

7 comments:

  1. Everneath has an amazing cover! I hope it also does an amazing story, Above looks great too!

    Great pick!
    Check out my WoW post here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about Everneath too. And Above sound fascinating. The cover is gorgeous. I think I'll add it on my to read pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks!

    Everneath was my WoW pick some weeks ago... the cover looks really beautiful! Above sounds quite interesting too.

    Thanks for dropping by! I'm a new follower. :)

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for both of these!! Great picks!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello sweet!
    thnks for stopping by =)

    I love your pick! I have those in mywishlist =D

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

    happy rading!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want both of these too! Besides the awesomeness of the covers, they sound great. :)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great choices! I love the wings on Above---can't wait for that one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3