8 June 2012

New Cover: Shatter Me

I normally hate it whenever a book cover gets changed.. (especially when it's like, 3 books into a series and you LOVED the old cover better than the new ones *rages*) Ahem. Excuse me... Anyway, whilst I normally get mad and rage at my family...

Family: "Taneika, can you please do this for a sec - "
Me: "NO. I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING OR GOING ANYWHERE. I'M SO ANGRY - THESE BOOKS *points at computer screen* ARE COMING OUT WITH NEW COVERS"
Family: "But what does that have to do - "
Me: "The old cover was so pretty/fitting/awesome/*insert adjective here* and now I have to rebuy them all and I'd rather stick with the old one because they fit together nicely, look nicely together and are just so beautiful. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THE COVER. IT'S COMPLETELY UNNECCESSARY." *proceeds to hyperventilate and cry in a corner*
Family: ... *whispers to eachother* "Did you know she was this crazy?"

Well, I don't actually react like that but I do get upset and end up going on a tangent to my stepmum about why they shouldn't do such a dreadful thing (*cough* Sookie Stackhouse *cough*).

The point of this post? Oh yeah.. Sorry. Well a couple of days ago, Tahereh Mafi released a new cover for Shatter Me and said on her blog post that the covers for Destroy Me and Unravel Me will follow suit with the new style.

You may have seen previous posts in which I express my hate for the current cover of Shatter Me, so as soon as this edition is released (October 16th weeee!), I'll be replacing my current edition!
So without further ado...

(And here is a side by side comparison to the old cover)

ARGGHHH THE PRETTY! I LOVE everything about this new cover... 
The barren, overgrown landscape as eyelashes, the waterfall of tears from the eye, the actual eye itself, the clouds (because I like clouds alot), the BIRD in the freakin pupil, the colours, background and just the overall tone are freaking perfect in my opinion. I can't stop looking at it. It's just made of pretty and metaphorical meanings! BAM!

So I think my conversation with my stepmum will go along different lines...

Kelly: "Taneika, why are you hyperventilating?"
Taneika: "SHATTER ME HAS A NEW COVER. NORMALLY I HATE NEW COVERS BUT I LOVE THIS ONE AND I'M SERIOUSLY FANGIRLING OVER THIS AND YOU NEED TO SEE THIS. COME HERE NOW AND LOOK AT IT. IT'S SO PRETTY AND SHIT LOADS BETTER THAN THE  FIRST ONE"
Kelly: *looks at new cover* "AHHH IT'S AMAZING OMG THIS COVER IS GORGEOUS IT'S SO MUCH BETTER. TANEIKA, I AGREE WITH YOU" *hyperventilates and dies from too much fangirling*

Disclaimer: Whilst my stepmum and I do actually act like this with eachother and we are self confessed fangirls of several books, Doctor Who, various anime and other TV shows. She has not hyperventilated and died. Actually, she is very much alive and 'hyperventilate and die' is code for 'Kelly and I then proceed to dance and sing around the house praising the book gods for such wonder while my dad shakes his head at us'.

What do you think of the new cover? Which cover do you prefer out of the two?

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! It's even more gorgeous!! :) Thank you for sharing Taneika! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *REALLY* like this one, but for some inexplicible reason I REALLY love the old one. I JUST LOVE THE FEELING OF IT.
    It is SO wrong for the book but I EFFING LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

    AND AAAAAAAAAAARGH. NOW I HAVE TO BUY IT AGAIN, OR MY COVERS WON'T MATCH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!


    But I kinda don't mind... 'cos it's PURDY :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new cover is a ZILLION times better! I really hated the other cover too and it's a big reason why I haven't bothered to read the book yet.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3