1 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature at Breaking The Spine which allows you to spotlight upcoming releases that you're really keen for!!

Author: Carly Anne West
Release Date: March 5th 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Add it: Goodreads

After her older sister dies from an apparent suicide and her body is found hanging upside down by one toe from a tree, sixteen-year-old Sophie starts to hear the same voices that drove her sister to a psychotic break.

Why I'm Waiting: That tiny little synopsis is such a tease! AND GOD. LOOK AT THE COVER WOULD YOU? Combine that with the title, the teaser synopsis... *dies* It sounds delightfully terrifying and personally, I'm a big horror fan... So really, this whole package just sounds brilliant to me.



Author: Kim Curran
Release Date: September 4th 2012
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Add it: Goodreads

When your average, 16-year old loser, Scott Tyler, meets the beautiful and mysterious Aubrey Jones, he learns he's not so average after all. He's a 'Shifter'. And that means he has the power to undo any decision he's ever made. At first, he thinks the power to shift is pretty cool. But as his world starts to unravel around him he realises that each time he uses his power, it has consequences; terrible unforeseen consequences. Shifting is going to get him killed. In a world where everything can change with a thought, Scott has to decide where he stands.

Why I'm Waiting: 
1. I love male protagonists
2. This "shifting" power sounds awesome and incredibly different which is nice (like jumping off of that movie, Jumper)
3. His power gives him consequences instead of making something easier for a change
Dammit, I'm just so curious about this! It sounds fascinating and I want to see how Scott Tyler is written when he meets Aubrey because you rarely come across a male protagonist with a prominant love story! Can't wait to get my hands on this :)

13 comments:

  1. Shift sounds exciting! I like something action-packed, but it's got to have strong character, so as long as we're up close and personal with Scott, Shift sounds like my kind of read :)

    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick's! Will be checking out The Murmuring's...it sounds creepy! *runs and hides* Shift looks interesting! I love a good male YA protagonist, too! I HIGHLY suggest Something Like Normal because not only did I ADORE it (I like to recommend it whenever I can...) but Travis is definitely the BEST male POV I've EVER read! You must read it ;D

    Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Murmurings sounds amazing and very creepy. Probably not a book to read right before bedtime. Shift sounds really original as well!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE all this. The first one is SO CREEPY. I tried to get the second one for review, but the publisher wasn't having it. :P

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks for this week! Thanks for spotlighting them!

    Here is my WOW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2273

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I immediately added The Murmurings to my TBR. Nice blog, new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover for The Murmurings really matches the tone of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh... I have NEVER heard of The Murmurings before... but OMFG it sounds EFFING AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both new to me! Cool picks!
    WoW at Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok...BOTH look interesting. The first one with the girl on the cover is sure to give me nightmare at any rate.

    The one about the shifter is cool. Usually the word shifter is used in novels for shape shifters, so this is a new take. I can appreciate that.

    Thanks for the snippets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting. Great WOW pics. I will add these two books to my wishlist.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. I *just* saw the cover of The Murmuring this morning on Goodreads but I didn't read the blurb! Reading it now, it's quite dark isn't it? Hmmmm not something I would normally read however I've learnt not to discriminate against certain types of books because some of my favourites were totally unexpected! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, both of these sound incredible! I'd never heard of The Murmurings before but now I'm definately going to add it to goodreads because I love pschological thrillers like that. Shift sounds my sort of thing as well- at first I thought it was another shape-shifter book but actually the idea of altering your past actions sounds pretty original. I haven't read many books with male protagonists but I'd be willing to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3