I techincally first started book blogging in June 2011 as part of a uni assignment but really didn't know what I was doing and after the assignment finished, I looked back on it and thought "this is rubbish, I'm moving to Blogger" and I reinvented my previous blog and started to seriously get into blogging! At what I first thought would be a fun, small hobby, turned into something massive! I've made some amazing friends through this community and I've gotten to talk to some wonderful authors as well :).
I just want to thank EVERYBODY who has helped me, read my posts, commented on them, who follows my blog or who even follows me on Twitter, Facebook or any of that jazz :) You're all wonderful and you've made my experience blogging so interesting and so much fun!
As of now (after a year and 6 days!), I have:
Written 138 blog posts (139 now!)
69 of which were reviews
379 GFC followers
While I didn't want to name any names, there are two major people I think I should definitely mention :)
- Brodie from Eleusinian Mysteries was the FIRST book blog I ever saw and started reading! She might not know it but she introduced the world of book blogging to me in January 2011! When I first started out, I
- Amy from Following the Reader, MY FIRST REAL LIFE BLOGGING FRIEND! Amy and I started blogging around the same time then eventually discovered we went to the same uni! We *almost* met in a bookstore but we were both too socially awkward to actually say hi to eachother, so we officially met at uni instead ;) Best thing is, she doesn't mind my crazy tendencies (well, I don't think she does :O).
There are so many more of you who I love to pieces and who I consider friends in this amazing community :) but there's too many to name individually and I'm scared of missing out on somebody... but I LOVE YOU *hugs*
To celebrate, there will be two prizes - one for the Aussies and another one international,
Aussies will have the chance to win a signed copy of On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta and a book of their choice from the book depository ($15 limit).
The international winner will be able to choose two books from the Book Depository (check they ship to your country here!) with a limit of $30 all up :)
AUSSIE FORM :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
INTERNATIONAL FORM :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway details and conditions:
- I am not responsible for lost or damaged goods from The Book Depository
- Once this giveaway has finished, all personal information - including email/shipping address will be deleted
- Winner will be contacted by email and will have 72 hours to respond with your full mailing address (especially if you're in another country) otherwise another winner will be chosen
- I have the right to change giveaway details as I see fit
- You must be aged 13 or older
Good luck everybody and thankyou thankyou thankyou for a wonderful year :)