30 January 2012

In My Mailbox (8) Second hand edition!!

In My Mailbox is a weekly feature by The Story Siren which allows us to drool with one another over the books that we received or bought this week!

Well, hello thar Stephen King!
My Mum is a huge Stephen King fan, she is quite willing to pay $85 for a Hardcover (which is what she paid for The Dark Tower), which is pretty insane. But she has an impressive collection, so she gave me her double ups! The ones in the photo are ones she has replaced because they got uh, well-read... For example, she read the copy of The Stand about 11 times, not including "flick throughs" to check the cross over character references that King tends to do in alot of his books...

Stephen King courtesy of Mum:
Cujo
The Dark Half
Desperation
Rose Madder
Skeleton Crew
The Stand

Now, during Mum's clean out, she went through my stepdad's books and came across,
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum and
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Mum knows I have a love for old leatherbound books - Pride and Prejudice is fairly destroyed but I think it still looks beautiful :) and I also now have two copies of The Wizard of Oz <3
I've just had a look up of this edition of Pride and Prejudice and it was published in 1934! So I think it's in pretty impressive condition considering it doesn't look like it's been well looked after!

Sarah from Saz101:
Evernight by Claudia Gray
Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Ohh, I love you Sarah! Thankyou for gifting these to me <3 I can't wait to read them :) Much love! 

Bought:
Barbie Island Magic

Before you ask, let me explain...
The "Charmers" series of Barbie books were my absolutely favourite when I was little, and they've now been passed down to my little sisters. I decided to buy this on ebay for like, $3 so that one day I can possibly read them to my kids :) and it'll be in good condition!! So yeah, this is just me being strange :D

What's in your mailbox :)

11 comments:

  1. Eeee! Hello books! *waves*
    You are so SO welcome! I hope you love both of them! Across The Universe is CRAZY AMAZING! I bought a hardcover version, so I'm really glad someone else is getting to enjoy it! <3

    And eeeee! That copy of P&P is GORGEOUS! I love old books like that! SO much character.

    And, uh, would you believe I've never read a single thing by Stephen King? Ooooh, that rhymed! But for serious. I'm kind of embarrassed :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww still, THANKYOU SOOO MUCH SARAH <3 I'm so happy :D
      Yes! Character! PERFECT WORD! I love books like this too! I have a really old copy of Bambi as well and it's beautiful and so classic looking :)

      Hahaha, well Sarah, it's not a big deal :) Stephen King ONLY writes Horror (no, he has written one "children's book") haha and alot of people just don't get into his writing :) Ahhh, again LOVELOVELOVE <3<3

      Delete
  2. Sarah is PLAIN AWESOME! I loved Evernight series! I haven't read Across the Universe but I am planning to soon. Look at the gorgeous Stephen King copies!! So awesome. And aww, Taneika, I love your explanation for buying The Barbie Book. I used to love watching the movies and playing the dolls, lol. Awesome IMM this week! Happy reading, Taneika! :)

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cool mom! Mine has a bookshelf that wouldn't even fit in my room. Full with.. Non-Fiction. *insert fail.gif*

    I hope you'll enjoy them! And I love that you bought a book for your children! Super cute and understandable. I mean.. If people plan to have children, then it is. XD

    Anyway, Happy Reading!

    Patricia

    (Liked your FB page!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love love love your IMM! I don't think I've ever read a Stephen King novel. I do, however, I enjoy some of the films BASED on his novels ;)

    Aaaaah! And all the more reason to love Sarah :D I am excited to see what you think about Across the Universe! Thanks for the follow, doll :)

    Kristin from GrowingUpYA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Taneika!! How many books :) I hope you'll like them! I can't wait to read Across the Universe :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHH so many awesome books! Great haul :)Enjoy! Across the Universe is awwwwwwwwesssssssssommmmmmmmme!!!!!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh thankyou :) Yes, my Mum is a massive Stephen King fan and takes up about half of her hugeee bookshelf!
    Thanks everyone, I really can't wait to read them :D yayyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pride and Prejudice is my ALL time favorite book!!! Happy Reading!
    Here Is my IMM
    If you're interested, come check out my 100 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Across the Universe! I looooved that book :) Also, I nominated you for an award! You can find it here: http://theatticreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3