20 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature at Breaking The Spine which allows you to spotlight upcoming releases that you're really keen for!!

Author: Kat Zhang
Release Date: September 18th 2012
Publisher: Harper
Add it: Goodreads

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.

Why I'm Waiting: I'm just gunna go right ahead and say the cover makes my head explode a little and plus two souls trapped in one body? Human hybrids? This entire premise just sounds fascinating and amazing and I can not wait to get my hands on it! Seriously. I NEED this NOW!


Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: September 18th 2012
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Add it: Goodreads

“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

Why I'm Waiting: One - It's Maggie Stiefvater and her beautiful prose makes me die a little inside. Two - I have a little obsession with ravens (or crows over here in Australia), they just fascinate me and they are so scary and haunting, it's fascinating. Three -  This sounds so incredibly different and intriguing... She may cause her true love to die? ULTIMATE STARCROSSED LOVERS. Her mother is clairvoyant? AWESOME. Ohhhh *jumps up and down* I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. You are so cute! And yes I know I say that too much but I can't help it and anyways...I speak the truth!

    Both of theses sound AMAZING and super intriguing! :D Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, no! YOU'RE the cute one!
      I can't wait for both of these! I love Maggie Stiefvater and I adore the cover/premise for What's Left of Me!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for these titles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two I cannot wait for! especially What's Left of Me! Great choices :)

    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to both of these books myself, especially The Raven Boys. Great picks.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. TANEIKA. YES. TO BOTH. Seriously, though... What's Left Of Me? It looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3