18 January 2012

Versatile Blogger Award! (x2!)

Jennifer at Some Like it Paranormal and Amy at Following the Reader have awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award! Thankyou ladies so much!!
I received this from Jennifer a few days ago, but didn't have time to post straight away :) Then Amy awarded it to me as well and reminded me!
Thankyou so much :) I love both of your blogs heaps!

Now, there are some "rules" to accept this award...

Rules:

1. Thank and link the blogger who awarded you
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself
3. Spread the love by passing the award to five other bloggers, and be sure to let them know.

My 7 Random Facts:

1. I can't go to sleep with makeup on and I use baby wipes instead of makeup wipes cos they're cheaper!
2. At any given time, I have at least 4 pens in my bag (I don't know why)
3. In addition to books, I have waaay too many DVD's and CD's and have now run out of room.
4. My favourite type of chocolate is peppermint (and Mint Slice is amazing)
5. I'm TERRIFIED of cockroaches (seriously, if I see one, I run across the road) but I don't care about spiders etc
6. I don't make my bed but I can't go to sleep unless the blankets are perfectly straight
7. My "specialty" (aka-the only thing I can really cook) is chicken and rice.

I'm spreading the love to these 5 bloggers!!

1. Sarah from Saz101: I basically stalk her blog on a regular basis because she is hilarious, and awesome! She's also Australian, plus her blog is all pink and pretty... and pink!

2. Shirley from Shiirleyy's Bookshelf: Another Australian blogger (yay for Aussie bloggers!) and I love her reviews and her blog is also really pretty

3. Wibi from Lost in Translation: This isn't a book blog, but Wibi is my friend from uni and seriously, His. Blog. Is. Awesome. It's a travel blog and looks freakishly amazing!

4. Brodie from Eleusinian Mysteries: The FIRST blog I ever saw! Her blog is amazing, she is Australian, an avid Harry Potter fan and was a huge help when I first started blogging!!

5. Rebecca from Reading Wishes: I "met" Rebecca through Goodreads and thought she was super awesome and just an all round lovely person :) Her blog is also amazing, plus she is Australian!

14 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! *tackles Taneika* I LOVE YOU AND YOUR INCREDIBLE BLOG TOO! HEHE. And I stalk all the other AMAZING ladies you have, except for Wibi, who I plan to stalk now :D

    Oh man. COCKROACHES. Look, I try to be a friend to all creatures big and small, but cockroaches aren't very inviting. They exude the creepyscary and I CRINGE just imagining them *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *deep breath* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *jumps on the Taneika/Brodie pile* "STACKS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    Aw, Taneika, you just made my day! Thank you!

    And also... oh my goodness... cockroaches? I'm exactly with you. I don't *like* spiders (I don't like anything with more than 4 legs or less than 2, other than earthworms) but I can live with them... long enought to kill them. I have a full-blown phobia of cockroaches. Just seeing the word on screen makes me feel clammy and ill. I see one, and my entire body tenses up, my fists clench, I can't breathe. I PANIC. I can be in the same room as a spider, and think rationally. Cockroaches? OMFG. Did you know they can fly? THEY CAN FLY *shudders* Ummm... so I guess I'm saying I don't like cockroaches.

    OMG... I think maybe we're related. I cannot--CANNOT--cope with sleeping with make-up on. I wash my face, without fail, every. single. night. I'll use soap as a last resort if I'm away and can find nothing else.

    And Mint Slice? Oh my goodness. I want to make babies with Mint Slice.

    <333 Taneika! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have picked you as well Sarah but I saw Kristin had picked you, but you know I love you and your blog too! Cockroaches ew. ew. and they crunch when you step on them. I just can't cope, I just CAN'T! literally just *shuddered* thinking about it!

      Delete
    2. Aw, Amy, it's fineeee! I'm flattered to have been mentioned at all. I squealed a little. And I love you anyway <3

      PLUS, you only had 5 spots. I mean, COME ON! I can think of a dozen people I'd put in front of me... for instance, everyone who's commented on this post :P

      Delete
  3. AHAHAHHAHA I LOVE YOU TWO <3 *gets squashed under Brodie/Sarah and resorts to reading a book*
    THIS is the reason I mentioned you both! HAHAHA!
    Brodie, Wibi isn't a lady haha, but he is hilarious and his blog is awesome!

    Spiders and creepy crawlies give me the heebie jeebies but Sarah, I have a full blown phobia of cockroaches too! If I see one I start hyperventilating, run out of the room and sometimes eventually end up crying!! I KNOW THEY CAN FLY. AHHHH *sobs*.

    And YES! I hate using soap on my face but if I have no other choice, I'll use it because I feel disgusting otherwise! As for Mint Slice, it's sort of an addiction, I've stopped buying it because I end up eating the whole packet in one sitting :|.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY the same with cockroaches. My husband thinks it's ridiculous, and I think he's ridiculous becuase he'll kill them then PICK THEM UP WITH HIS BARE HANDS. And I'm like 'You are never EVER touching me EVER again.' I can't squish them, because it requires coming in contact with them indirectly, and I hate even bug spraying them, because it requires getting within a few metres of them, even with extender nozzle thing O____O
      AND NOW my BFF has told me that it's cruel to kill them with bug spray because they die of chemical burns, and now I actually kind of pity them so it's even worse and I'm vegetarian, so I'm kind of like 'poor living creature'. So now it's mixed in with this conflict of 'EEEEEEEEEEE! DIED DIE DIE! I FEEL BAAAAAD I'M A BAD PERSON *sobs*'

      *EXACTLY* how I feel about soap and Mint Slices. And the crappy thing is I always feel sick, but I still can't stop myself eating a full packet :(

      Delete
  4. I HATEEEE cockroaches and spiders. like deathly deathly scared of them. I get torn between running and hiding and not taking my eyes off it because i don't want IT to hide and come back to get me later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I know! I hate looking at them but I hate taking my eyes off of them incase they end up in my clothes or something on my bedroom floor - Ahhh EW EW EW!

      Delete
  5. *Shudders* I hate them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Thanks for the mention! I had no idea you had such a big ass blog with alot of content! You must have read alot of books! XD
    Loving ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah me, like you, decided to keep blogging after computing haha! I love reading anyway, and I loved talking about them so I kept the blog going (but obviously moved from Wordpress)
      Thanks Wibi :) I love your blog too!

      Delete
  7. EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH TANEIKA <333333
    Hahaaa I always have to make sure my blankets are perfectly straight before I go to sleep too!!! But one of the reasons is to make sure there's no cockroach/spider/ any other creepy crawling insects or whatever on my bed!!
    Gahhhh I HATE COCKROACHES!!! There was this small one in my room a while ago, and I started screaming and ran downstairs and my dad had to come up to get rid of it:S ehhh I HATE spiders as well! There was this HUGE one in my room as well:/
    Anyway, thank you so much again :D <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know Wibi, but everyone else <3 <3 <3 <3!!!
    <3 Sarah, <3 Shirley <3 Brodie and <3 Rebecca!! All these gals rock and are oh, so deserving. I love their blog and read them constantly. It's an addiction really!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I somehow never have a pen! LOL So I think this is an awesome thing. Eww I hate all bugs. Yuck and snakes. I also hate sleeping with makeup on. It makes my face all greasy and nasty.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3