26 July 2012

I AM A BAD BLOGGER

So I haven't been blogging. You'll see why in my previous post but it's also partly because I've gotten lazy. I haven't been reading because I'm still in a slump and I haven't been blogging because I haven't been reading!

I'll have you guys know though that I HAVE attempted to read something... That something is Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm about half way through and quite frankly, Fifty Shades of Shit PUTS ME OFF READING. I've TRIED reading a book to review, I have! I swear! But oh my god, it's driving me up the wall! I'm hoping it redeems itself in the end because so far I'm going a little crazy! I won't be reviewing it on this blog by the way (it's uhh, a little inappropriate for a YA blog!) but I will post a review on Goodreads :)

I am reading Matched by Ally Condie at the moment and although I'm only about 20 pages in, I can already feel my brain cells growing back after weeks of trying to get through Fifty Shades.

I have a feeling I'll be able to finish this within a day or so because it's easy to read and I'm really enjoying it so I'll be writing a review soon :) wooo! Also you could expect a video up in coming days because I have been naughty and bought way too many books lately for my wallet to handle :( *slaps wrist*

Anyway, I know this is just an 'update' post but I just wanted to let you know that I will be back VERY soon because I'm back at uni and what better way to procrastinate than read as much as possible and blog :)

As I'm on a uni computer (I'm in a computing class and I actually got TOLD to write a blog post if I already have a blog so THANKYOU MR. LECTURER!)...

I have no GIF of David Tennant declaring his love for you to post here, I am SORRY! (I'm speaking to you, Sarah)

3 comments:

  1. "Fifty Shades of Shit PUTS ME OFF READING."

    THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIIIIIIIIISSS. OH GOODNESS. I tried reading the first CHAPTER and... it's just bad writing. Seriously. I love romance. I LOVE kink. SERIOUSLY. BUT... I can't read that O___O

    AND YESSSS! Read something you ENJOY. Read something GOOD! I don't remember... have you read the Night Huntress/Jeaniene Frost books? She has a new one out...

    And seriously, MENTIONING David Tennant is the next best thing to HAVING David Tennant :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taneika, I know exactly what you mean about Fifty Shades of Grey! It put me off of reading too and it was simply torture getting through it, so I sympathize with you. I wish you the best of luck with it and I hope Matched is as good as other people claim! ;)

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how Fifty Shades can put you off of reading. In my case, I was anxious to pick up another book right away to remind myself that literature can be awesome. It's a little annoying how many people I'm friends with that love the Fifty Shades books, but at least my own piece of mind is fixed after jumping right into other books. Unfortunately, I'm a reading slump right now, too. This is the first time that it's happened to me, so I feel like I have no direction. And I keep pumping out the reviews, so maybe I'm still reading as much, I just don't feel like I am. =) Hope things pick up for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3